There's a little devil on my shoulder, whispering to me all the time. Sometimes he's loud, sometimes he's even louder. There are days where he can't tempt me, and days where he sounds almost reasonable.
Today I bought delicious goat cheese, grated it in my cottage cheese and had it for lunch. In case you didn't know yet, he one thing I could never live without is cheese. And aromatic goat cheese with cottage cheese is like heaven on earth for me. I ate it, it was delicious, and that should be the end of the story. But it's never the end, isn't it? Too much cheese left for that. After ignoring the devil for almost a month now, he suddenly whispered in my ear...
Eat the goat cheese.
But... I just had goat cheese! I'm not hungry anymore.
Who cares? Eat it!
But I don't want to!
Of course you want. It tastes like heaven. You love cheese.
I know I love cheese. But...
No but. It's tasty, eat it now! It's creamy, spicy... you want it, admit it!
Well, yeah, I want it. But I don't want it.
Listen to yourself, that sounds ridiculous. Nobody will know it. Now go and eat the damn cheese.
I was half way to the kitchen until I realized what I was doing. I wasn't hungry and I just had cheese. So why eating even more of it? I would regret it.
The problem is, once I start listening to the little devil, I won't stop. I can eat chocolate or cheese or anything else tasty without regret and with full self control, but not when the devil is telling me to do so. There's a big difference between "I choose to allow myself a piece of XY" and "WANT IT!! NOW!!".
So I returned to my living room. And not soon after, I heard the devil again.
So, what's up with the cheese?
I won't eat it.
Of course you will. You don't have any self dicipline.
I have, and I won't eat the damn cheese.
Who cares if you eat it now? Nobody gives a damn about your weight. Go and eat the cheese, it's just there waiting for you!
Please go away.
I won't. Eat the cheese and then order a Pizza.
But I'm not hungry?
So what? Pizza is delicious, that's all you need to know. But first go to the freezer and eat the cheese.
Again, I went to the kitchen, I almost gave in. But then I realized, it's the same devil that is telling me that I'm fat and ugly all the time. He's an asshole, he wants me to do unhealthy things, he wants me to hate and despise myself, and he's getting bigger every time I give in and do what he wants. And I already listened to his poisoned words for too long. I won't listen to the devil any longer.
Hey you! How about another cottage cheese with stewed apple? All healthy and stuff?
Yeah, it's one of these days...
And then have the cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment